The United Kingdom (UK) notified the European Council on the 29th of March, 2017 of their intention to leave the European Union (EU), in accordance with article 50 of the treaty of the European Union.
This came into effect on the 31st or January, 2020.
Transition Phase :
The United Kingdom will become a third party state and exit the European Union and all European institutions on the 1st of February, 2020. Therefore from the 1st of February, 2020 until the 31st of December, 2020 there will be a transition phase, during which the United Kingdom will continue to apply all European legislation. During the transition period all rights to live in Europe and social security (Chômage) will remain the same.
Impacts on Pole Emploi during the transition phase :
- British nationals can continue to sign up with Pole Emploi.
- The rules regarding European social security will continue to apply during the transition phase until the 31st of December, 2020.
Also until the 31st of December, 2020 :
- These principles must be totally implemented for all salaried work within the United Kingdom.
- Chômage payments can be taken in the United Kingdom, for 3 months, by job seekers who have moved beck to the United Kingdom.
- Cross border workers will continue to receive any benefits they are entitled to, without having to prove their last salaried activity was in France.
These provisions apply to non-residents. At the moment we don’t have any more details on the conditions for French nationals who have come back to and ask for benefits.
Will the U1/U2 still exist ? We wait and see….
Any questions, please, contact us : 05 34 40 07 90.